What if I can't open or print the document?
Sometimes double-clicking the document gives an error message ... or you just end up with a screen full of garbage.
If that happens please do this ...
- (1) Save the document to your desktop.
- (2) Launch Acrobat Reader (aka Adobe Reader).
- (3) Use File/Open to open the document.
If that still does not do the trick. It is usually one of two things:
- Acrobat (Adobe) Reader has problems with the document (eg it says it is Damaged).
It is invariably caused by a problem with the installation of Acrobat Reader. The quick and easy solution is to simply download the latest version (it's free). You can do that here.
If you still have problems, try launching Acrobat Reader and open your document from within it.
- Outlook Express has blocked the attachment.
Within Outlook Express click on the Tools menu, select Options, click on the Security tab then make sure there is no tick in the box with the description 'Do not allow attachements to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus' - the box should be empty.
Then you'll need to contact us again to ask us to resend the document.